Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Usian Bolt could have joined the Commonwealth Games

This year's Commonwealth Games is pretty under the radar, no?

Currently, Malaysia has bagged 3 gold medals. Namely by Amirul Hamizan Ibrahim (56kg Weightlifting), Acricco Jumitih (62kg Weightlifting), and Josiah Ng (Men's Keiren - a cycling event).

I didn't watch the weightlifting prize-giving ceremony but I watched the prize-giving ceremony for Men's Keiren.


When Josiah's name was announced, this man leaped off of the ground to the podium. One could tell how sincerely happy and proud he was. Next up, the national anthem. My heart went oh-oh, how is it going to be ar? (Sorry, I've never heard our national anthem being played after ceremonies like this before. Never. And to see our national flag being raised(slightly higher), in between two countries...)

Josiah Ng sang the national anthem and I almost wanted to stand in front of the television. Next, he did the unthinkable (well it was to me), he shed tears. By this point, I felt my vision sorta blurring away.

I admired him for his love towards Malaysia. God, let there be more people who love the country like he does! I want to love this country more as well, inspite of its weaknesses. Inspite of its people's weaknesses.

Picture courtesy of Getty Images.

Oh! My blog title has little connection to the blog post. Lol.

No comments: